Calibration Service – Geophones and Seismometer
For reliable calibration of seismic sensors and measuring equipment.
Geophones and seismometers are measuring equipment with highly sensitive sensors that measure vibrations and earthquake signals. The safety of large buildings and the integrity of people depends on the accurate and timely measurement of such signals.
This makes it even more important for seismic sensors to undergo regular and valid traceable calibration. Calibrating a seismometer means determining its transmission properties, such as the frequency response, with high precision.
Put your trust in SPEKTRA for accredited calibration of your geophones or seismometers.
- Reliable and traceable calibration that meets DAkkS requirements
- Factory calibration and testing for compliance with any international and local standards upon request
- Lowest possible measurement uncertainty
- In addition to geophones, we also offer accredited calibration of vibration sensors and seismometers
- Fast standard processing times in accredited laboratories
Seismometer / seismic measurement chains
Calibration in accordance with ISO 16063-11:1999, ISO 16063-21:2003, DKD-R 3-1 Sheet 3: 2018 or DKD-R 3-1 Sheet 4: 2018
- Frequency range: 0.1 Hz...400 Hz
- Acceleration: 0.001 m/s²...20 m/s²)
Geophones and vibration meters
Calibration in accordance with DIN 45669-1„Measurement of vibration immissions - Part 1: Vibration meters – Requirements and tests”.
The main application for geophones is measuring vibrations in the building industry. This includes underground work, such as excavation and constructing excavation shoring, road construction with compaction work, and blast vibrations in tunnel driving.
- Frequency range: 0.5 Hz…80 Hz or 5 Hz…315 Hz
(the frequency range depends on the application of the geophones)
- Calibration for lower frequencies upon request
«SPEKTRA offers calibration and testing of seismometers and geophones for any international and local standards upon request.»
SPEKTRA Sales Team
Six simple steps to your certificate
- 1 Hz…400 Hz (seismometer)
- 0.5 Hz…80 Hz or 0.5 Hz…315 Hz (geophones)
- 0.001 m/s²…20 m/s² (seismometer)
Calibration in accordance with the standards
- ISO 16063-11:1999, ISO 16063-21:2003, DKD-R 3-1 Sheet 3: 2018 or DKD-R 3-1 Sheet 4: 2018 (seismometers)
- DIN 45669-1 "Measurement of vibration immissions – Part 1: Vibration meters - Requirements and tests"
- DIN 4150-3 "Vibrations in buildings – Part 3: Effects on structures"
- DIN 4150-2 "Vibrations in buildings; effects on persons in buildings"
- DIN 45672-1 "Vibration measurement associated with railway traffic systems – Part 1: Measuring method for vibration"
You would like to carry out the calibration by yourself? SPEKTRA offers you suitable system components.
Secondary calibration according to ISO 16063-21 (comparison method) of charge type, ICP®, voltage, capacitive and piezo-resistive sensors for acceleration, velocity and distance, with Sine excitation with high accuracy
This system is used as national reference at many National Metrology Institutes (e.g. Switzerland, Poland, Spain, China, Thailand, Singapore and others).